........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 23 September 2012

I Was Never A Good Judge Of Vice

for being gripped by depression.
But I am thankful for how my being low
made virtue seem like everything else, hollow.
Depression was my path into self knowledge.
The older I get the more readily I accept
how all rituals are vices.
Everyone has to choose our own.

Beneath the surface distinctions,
all rituals are repeats.
From binge drinking to Communion,
-they are all the bare bones of habit,
ready to be boiled down to form
communities of commonality.

The only moral point I will raise
is to ask how much the ritual refreshes
the ritualist? How well they can
they share their refreshment?
The inability the share, and refresh
others,  is a source of depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment