........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 20 October 2012

Seeking Compensation Means Living In The Past

I would love to say that I find life totally meaningless,
and because life means nothing then there is no rationale
for any part of what I have learnt that sustains strong scrutiny.
But I can't.
I have found that life works better without a grande scheme.
The pleasures of the moment are always simple,
and work fine for no over-arching plan because
they are uncomplicated by the need for grand reason.
I know very well that there is suffering in the world,
but this suffering is perpetuated by all the grand scheme
I have known which have at their roots the idea
of particular status-led human beings as highly possessive,
'victims', seeking compensation, from the present and future.


If you want to live in the present don't seek compensation,
or expect relief your own suffering. Recompence is addictive,
and leads to living even more in the past,
where people get ever more tightly wrapped
in the roles of  victim/rescuer/persecutor
that pass for modern culture.
Most of all, if you still have a choice
don't start a family-be replete in commensality in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment