........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 26 January 2013

The Limits Of Futurism

Futurism was the idea of living faster than life
through drugs and technology. Often now I listen
to people and I hear them talk faster than they think.
I have to work hard to fill my part in their/our dialogue.
Their speech technique is everyday futurism,
they leave no gap in their talk for the minds of others.
The better to hide their own lack of mind.
Leadership used to be about creating deference,
modern leadership is about combativeness;
drowning the led into silence by flooding them with words.
Humans are not rats (we carry far more disease
and are far more destructive than rats are or ever were)
and part of our disease is to believe that life is a race;
the faster we live the more poisonous we become,
the more we cause the extinction of other species.
I prefer slow living and I agree with Mae West-
'Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly'.

No comments:

Post a Comment