........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 13 May 2013

Is Your Outlay Really Necessary?

Recently an insurance company cold-called me for umpteenth time,
to test my politeness with their firm hard sell. They wanted my money
through my sympathy with their pursuit of profits. It was as if
I was expected to be as much out for the profit of my relatives,
through the insurance, as the insurance company were out to make their profits
through me. When the female operative shouted over the noise behind her
'Do you want have a policy with us?', without  thinking I cheerily replied
'Well, I am currently reassessing whether my life is worth living, or whether
it isn't, and I want to thank you for your input towards that process'.
Catching my inference of suicide she spoke even louder, squeaking
'That's horrible'. I hope they don't feel the need to ring me again.

1 comment: