........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 9 December 2013

Progress Mostly Means Changing The Means Of Invisibility

Thirty years ago the height of intimacy for me
was sex was with strangers who withheld
their names but who gave their willies freely,
thinking that was all they had worth sharing.
Like me, they believed they were invisible
to all whilst in the public toilets in which
we all met. Now I have joined Facebook
and I am still invisible, but my vice-du-jour
is playing scrabble on line with people
I don't know and need never see. Visibility
is not an an issue if you know that hidden
or known you will be accounted for and credited
(or discredited) by your actions through rules that work.
The real gain from winning a game of scrabble
is how safely it rewards the use of my biggest organ,
the brain, for longer. And losing still gives me more to play for.

No comments:

Post a Comment