........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Thursday 9 January 2014

From Fin To Finish

'Fin' is a word that takes me back the old french films
I watched as a youth on the BBC 2, it indicated
that a transporting entertainment had ended.
Today fin still means 'the end', but of something
far more powerful and alive than the minor diversions
that were the nearest I used to get to 'abroad'.
Now it spells the end of the life of a shark,
the fish at the top of the oceans' food chains
now being rendered extinct for the least of it's parts
to make soup as proof (if it were needed) that the human urge
to luxury is the most destructive force in the planet's history.
Fin is an bitter end of something I wish had never been started.

No comments:

Post a Comment