........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

A Fright Of Hormones

My mature friend and I discussed gay pride parades.
I shared with her how I was baffled by the most popular placard
that the youths carried which proclaimed in pink plastic,
 'Love is a human right'.















I was unsettled by how the words 'love', 'human' and 'right'
uneasily cohabited with so few adjoining words.
The phrase seemed to be utopian Newspeak,
obscurely written for the naive to quote
without having to explain what it means.
My friend and I agreed-we are now too old
to be comfortable with crowds and slogans.
This event is for the young and bright
'Yes' she said-'Hormones are a human fright'.



No comments:

Post a Comment