........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 3 May 2014

The Shoppers Rest

Airports have had multi-faith
spiritual rest rooms for many years,
and these rooms are in transitory places,
where their chances of being well used
are surely minimal. Why not have them
where the human traffic is at high volume,
near people homes, in the local supermarket?
There they would be the shoppers rest-
the one area in the aircraft hanger
sized buildings where Mammon measures all
and life is stressful. Add volunteer chaplains
to help calm shoppers and the rest rooms
could start to re-inspire faith in community.

1 comment:

  1. The title for this blog came from the title a of book shop in Lincoln called 'The Reader's Rest that I used visit every time I visited that small city, on the slow train from Gainsborough. Since it is nearly twenty years since I had been there I put the name into google and up came http://www.rodcollins.com/wordpress/readers-rest-bookshop-in-lincoln-sadly-closed and frankly I cried and grieved as I read the piece because it was a spiritual and restful place which comforted many browsers over however long it was open. There was a powerful stillness in it which I enjoyed en route to other places.

    ReplyDelete