........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Sunday 14 December 2014

A Healthier Desensitivity

I used to feel rotten many a time in the past,
as if I'd personally made other people suffer,
as if their hurt was mine to help them recover from.
Even though logically I knew not all their ills were mine,
not all the time, there was no escaping this personal belief.
Had I been able to observe I would have seen
that there were many who acted being hurt
by blaming their ills on whoever come along,
which in my life just happened to be me.
My greed for acceptance made me accept
their blame, since that was all there was going.

I see now that I should have learned to feel and want
a whole lot less, thus I might have been more kind
and generous to myself, and to everyone else around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment