........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Can I Ask For Less Of Myself?

I assume I know myself well enough
to know my needs from my wants,
a roof over my head against the weather,
a bed, and food for each day
and (since I am so limited in myself)
some quiet and very limited company-
the furry four legged sort is the best.
It all adds up to 'my daily bread'.
I also know that out there,
somewhere well beyond my head
-and outside of my reckoning-
there are vast systems updated hourly
to keep me afloat in creature luxuries
that I did not realize I deserved.
It is best for me to keep a distance
from these systems the better to not be
overwhelmed by choice. But what to do?
When even after all the above I am ill-at-ease,
restless even, in the sef-defined self by which I define 'need'?
Would I be more settled with less? Maybe I had better say 'please'... 

No comments:

Post a Comment