........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 19 December 2015

Education Scmeducation, Medication

In my youth, and well away from 'the family home',
one of the pastimes I enjoyed was board games.
Partly because they were put there for us to use
and also because they were a quiet way of engaging
with boys my own age and disposition who were
as maladaptive about competitive sport as I was.
With a family like mine, all chaos and noise
in confined spaces, what I needed above all
was something logical which had clear rules,
the best of which was that the concentration
of other players was as important as my own
if the game, and my life, was to mean anything in future,
if I was to be weaned off the need for anti-psychotic meds
which I had to take stop my mind being shredded by my family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment