........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Monday 14 March 2016

Better By Letter?

When I was young rejection was disguised
as acceptance and I was naturally confused,
and as it all panned out I was always more reduced
by both than I expected to be.
That was engineered naivety.

But when hopes that failed in person,
for my obvious lack of wealth and choice,
I still believed in writing; the personal letter.
I prized the written words that I received
which I would reread-repeatedly.

The older I got the more I typed
rather than hand-wrote the letters I sent.
What was lost in character and frankness
was improved in the edit and ease of reading.
And still...  ...they had to be posted
and waited for that once a day.

Then emails shifted me further along
and conditioned me to be less precious,
since people only half read what I wrote
and then probably deleted it, undigested.

Meeting people remained relatively easy,
but the longer I go on the harder it gets
to make new friends out of those I meet.

Finding reliable internet correspondents
is like looking for a thread in a haystack.
I still hope to be found. Is this randomized
isolation a fit motivation for self publishing?  

No comments:

Post a Comment