........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Saturday 12 March 2016

Deception Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

I often wonder before I react 'Who should loathe most?'
and 'Which folk should I just not get worked up about?'
without ever getting near creating a pecking order.

I can live quite well with the second-long transactions
I have had on the streets of Belfast with strangers.
They hand me gospel tracts in the hope that I'll Believe,
and ask no more than I wordlessly accept their offer.

In the age of the zero attention span
that the internet has ushered in
their faith in the power of the written word
to change a persons life from within
is actually more touching than they think.

I have no time for my local press, though.
Local life in small towns is small enough
without them falsely inflating its importance,
only for it to shrink even more on reading about it.

Who, and what, ever I should loathe the most,
I know deception is the eye of the beholder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment