........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 23 August 2016

The Market For Unhappiness

Like many UK citizens it is my duty
to daily 'prove' my depression,
due to long term unemployment,
by saying I take anti-depressants
that I don't actually take; such meds
are a placebo for a non-existent job.

Employers too, put out for employees,
knowing they will refuse most who apply.
There has to be a market for 'potential'
in employment. Potential employees
quietly know that in the name of choice
they were born to be refused.

Since human depression
is due to a shrinking labour market
due to mass automation of production
which is used create 'consumer choice'
the only real choice is to decide
how many lies you have tell to live.
And how many lies to knowingly swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment