........................................................................................ - a weBlog by Snowy and me.

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Rules Are Never 'Just Rules'....

I well remember sports in school,
though I wish I didn't. I now know
why I lost my sports kit quite so often.
It was deliberate. Natural ingratitude.
An allergic reaction to how sport was played.
Buried within the rules was the principle
that 'competition had to be without mentoring',
a deliberate unfairness which exposed the weakest,
and the most unsupported from home, first.
After that they were made to feel useless
to themselves, the better to support the few
who knew all along that it was not just sport
-it was life, 'life chances' they were playing for.
Who ever it cost to put the few at the top in future,
whilst the many fell away on the journey,
their efforts were thoroughly worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment